Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Three Little Helpers

Being a full time mom is not an easy task, we are responsible for everything at home like taking care of the children which can be very stressful at times, cooking, cleaning, washing the dishes, do the laundry, ironing clothes, watering the plants, going to the grocery, etc. And we, full time moms, do all these for free, and for our love of our family.



But our responsibility to our children doesn’t just end in serving them. We must also teach them many things like responsibility. I do this by assigning household chores to my children at a very young age. By delegating some of basic household work to them, I trained them to become responsible adult when they grow up while at the same time gave me some time to do my personal stuffs.


At home, my 8-year old daughter, Magsy, is in-charge of washing the dishes every after meal. But before I allowed her to do this particular chore, I changed all my porcelain plates into plastic. She was also assigned to sweep the floor in the living room, and to water the plants everyday.


Cybelle, my 6 years old daughter is in-charge of fixing the bed every morning after we all woke up, and of cleaning the bedroom as well. She is also responsible for cleaning the backyard.




Leyan is exempted because she’s still 2 years old. But she tried to help also by sweeping the floor and putting her toys into the box.




They do these everyday. And I check their work, and correct them from time to time. After doing their chores, I hug each one of them and said “Thank You”, for them to know that their effort was being appreciated


By delegating some of my light tasks to my children, I no longer worried about when could I finish all the household chores. And now, I can even have my siesta in the afternoon.


I’m so blessed that God gave me these three responsible children.



1 comment:

Ann said...

Im so proud of you mommy.Your little Leyan is the same age with my little boy,Yuichi Zach,such adorable childern and responsible na ha!Good work dai:)

Post a Comment