Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Full Time Mom's Adventure in Hidden Valley

We mothers needs to unwind sometimes just to relax and forget about our daily routines in the house. Last Thursday, my family, my mother in-law, and the Hilado family, our family friend, convoyed to Hidden Valley Resort in Pinamungajan, Cebu. It is a two and a half hour drive from our place in Mandaue City. I was so excited to go to this place because this was the first time our family vacationed to a very far away place.


When I saw the place it was so nice that I forgot about the commotion in the city. The place was so peaceful and quite, and I really loved the landscape; there were yellow, red, orange, and white flowers, some of which I haven’t seen before. The place is simply a joy for those who love nature and photography.
With regards to the accommodation, the room was good enough to be called a vacation place. It was fully airconditioned, with hot-and-cold shower. And the water won’.t run dry.




Inside the resort, the main attraction was the swimming pools. There was a pool for children, and for grown-ups.



Outside of the resort, the main highlights were the caves. It was very scary and challenging not only because I did not know what was inside the cave – there could be snakes for Christ sake – but also because the entrance was so small, my petite build had difficulty squeezing in through the hole. In fact I got a bruise in one of my elbows as I struggled to sneak into the hole.

Yet despite the difficulties all my weariness and fears were erased as I gazed at the beautiful stalactite and the stalagmite formed for hundreds or thousands of years inside the cave. There were also crystals as white as snow on the walls; and their glitters were so captivating like the sparkle of priceless jewels.

I really enjoy my out-of-the-home adventure. I did not really sleep a lot, but the adrenalin rush was even better; it allowed me to release the trapped tensions in my mind, heart and muscles. If you are a mom bored of the usual routine, then maybe a kick of adrenalin rush is what you need. Or if you simply want to unwind by embracing nature and enjoying God’s incredibly beautiful creation, then an adventure to Hidden Valley is what you might need.

3 comments:

Jan Hilado said...

Wow! POWER! Dali-a naka blog uy! amazing! hehehe! :D

Ann said...

You deserve it Dai Ruveylene.Sometimes we moms really need to go for a break.All smiles here as I looked at these lovely pictures.:)

TheNewMebcozofJESUS said...

Wow! You deserved that sis... Nice pictures, tc and God bless :-)

Post a Comment