Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Children's Summer Schedule

It was Sunday right after attending mass in our local church, my husband and I called for a family meeting to discuss a very serious matter. All the members of the Derit family namely Magsy, Cybelle, Leyan, my husband, and I attended. Everybody was very serious.



The topic of the meeting was to discuss the summer activities of the children. We felt that we have to implement a schedule so as not to waste the precious days during school vacation. One of the activities decided was to assign chores to the children.




Since we believe that feedback and reward system is very important to reinforce good behavior, my husband and I devised a daily monitoring chart. Based on the chart, the children are to be rated based on the following questions: (1) Did she remember her chores? (2) Did she do her chores well? (3) Did she do her chore with a happy attitude?





At the end of the day, I will put a check and an X on the chart (see pic above). It’s very important that they should be there when I do the rating so that I can explain to them why I put an X to Cybelle’s chart or a check to Magsy’s chart, for example.

Then once a month they will get a reward based on their rating.

Last Sunday, my husband sent Magsy to PlayMaze Park Mall and they dine in KFC as her reward.





Cybelle will receive her reward by the end of the month.

2 comments:

giselle said...

a nice idea ruv. very rewarding for both of you as well as for your children also. in that way they will learn the right attitude in doing their evryday chores with or without the reward...hehehe... but even much better with the reward...cool!!!like it. moreee blogsssss (^_^)

Anonymous said...

aahhh, i just love the pics of ur sweet angels.they really have grown fast. baby Leyan was used to be my friend, but now,she no longer smile back at me wen i greeted her "hi my friend!" hehehe anyways,maybe she was not in the mood then. am looking forward 'til she's in the mood again. tc mommy

dhynzkie81

Post a Comment